Putting vanguard plans into practice
07 January 2016
- The first in a series of podcasts supporting the dissemination programme for the vanguard sites across England has been launched
- Heather Tierney-Moore and Jackie Daniel discuss the Better Care Vanguard, one of the nine integrated primary and acute care systems being piloted in England
NHS Providers, alongside the NHS Confederation, NHS Clinical Commissioners, and the Local Government Association, are working with the new care models team at NHS England to support a dissemination programme for the vanguard sites across England. Between now and March 2016, the programme will:
- provide members of each of the partners and wider stakeholders with examples of the experiences and lessons that vanguard sites have shared through podcasts, films, blogs, and an
- organise and deliver two events in Leeds and London to bring local leaders from health and social care together to discuss the implementation of the new care models and look at ways of addressing the health and well-being gap set out in the Five year forward view
- set up a range of site visits across care model types and locations, for up to fifteen delegates each.
The first of the podcasts is an extract from Putting vanguard plans into practice, recorded at the 2015 NHS Providers annual conference and exhibition.The conversation was facilitated by NHS Providers director of policy and strategy Saffron Cordery, and the speakers were Heather Tierney-Moore, chief executive of Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust, and Jackie Daniel, chief executive of University Hospitals Morecambe Bay NHS Trust. Both trusts are involved in the Better Care Together vanguard, one of nine integrated primary and acute care systems being piloted in England.
The audience heard Heather and Jackie’s views on the motivations and challenges involved in establishing a new approach to delivering care, and the changes required to bring about real improvements for their communities.