The current three year strategy runs up to 2016 and sets out our vision, mission, strategic objectives and ways of working.
An outstanding membership organisation and trade association for all NHS providers, unrivalled in the influence, voice and support we offer our members.
Support members to create the sustainable new patterns of high quality local healthcare delivery their patients and service users need, and help develop the right NHS future vision to enable this transformation.
Our strategic objective
- To shape the financial, policy, quality and regulatory system in which our members operate - influence.
- To lead a public provider movement that is both diverse and united, championing our members’ interests in the media, government, the NHS and the wider healthcare community - voice.
- To help our members drive improvement through effective shared development, support and learning - support.
- While creating an organisation that is fit for purpose and provides outstanding value for money to our members - professional.
During a period in which public providers will face unprecedented financial, structural and reputational challenges.
Our ways of working
1. Member Led…
We are a member organisation. To be effective, we need to be excellent at identifying our members’ needs and meeting them. It also means we must be fully accountable and transparent to our members in all that we do.
2. …As well as patient and quality led
The NHS needs to be truly patient and service user led to improve health outcomes. Our members also needs to continuously improve the quality of the services they provide. This emphasis on patient and service quality therefore needs to sit at the heart of all our work.
If the NHS is to meet the challenges it faces, it needs to innovate and transform, creating radically different patterns of healthcare delivery. Our members are in a unique position to help drive this change. We in NHS Providers need to support and enable this innovation and, if required, help lead it.
We aspire to a high degree of professionalism and rigour in all that we do. Our work must be evidence based and underpinned by robust data. We will recruit, retain and develop the right level of professional skill, experience and expertise. And although we will be very small in comparison, we want to manage NHS Providers as professionally as the best of our members manage their organisations.
We work in a complex, highly interdependent, system with many influential players. We rely on our members to generate the evidence we need and we can only deliver our objectives by working collaboratively. We therefore need to be a highly effective strategic partner.