Our development offer
As the membership organisation for all NHS provider trusts, we understand what it takes to deliver high-level training and support that makes a positive impact on NHS colleagues and their organisations.
As part of our member support function, we provide a growing number of training courses, support programmes, development activities and bespoke in-house training specifically for NHS leaders.
- Our board development programme delivers over 40 events each year, helping board-level colleagues to develop the key skills they need to tackle common problem areas. Our workshops and induction programmes increase directors’ knowledge helping to make boards and organisations more effective
- GovernWell, our national training programme for foundation trust governors, helps trusts to equip their governors with the knowledge and skills needed to perform their role effectively, whether they are new or longstanding governors
- Our 12 member networks meet several times each year and support all NHS board level roles. Designed to provider information, guidance, and inspiration, the networks are free for all members
- Supported by HEE and NHSX, our Digital Boards programme aims to increase the confidence and capability of boards to harness the opportunities digital provides to transform care. This includes free whole-board development sessions, a range of guides and our digital boards leadership network
- Our system transformation peer support offer, delivered jointly with the LGA and NHS Confederation, harnesses the expertise of peers to help local government and the NHS to collaborate effectively together at system and place levels
- We recently launched two new support programmes on provider collaboration and trust-wide improvement. These programmes include peer learning workshops, briefings, and resources to share good practice. We are now scoping a new programme on race equality to support boards to effectively identify and address race inequalities as a core part of board business.