The Digital Boards programme aims to build board understanding of the potential and implications of the digital agenda and increase the confidence and capability of boards to harness the opportunities it provides. The programme has delivered:
1 Free bespoke board development sessions tailored to reflect the development needs of trust boards
Based on conversations with key leaders, the Digital Boards team design agendas that enable board members to reflect on their current level of digital maturity. Discussions focus on how digital can support the delivery of the trust’s strategic priorities. Across 30 board sessions, our survey of trust leaders found that:
87% said it had increased their understanding of the conditions for successful digital transformation
92% felt it had increased confidence in the board's ability to assure the delivery of digital programmes
My board found it incredibly inspiring to take part. We recognised a number of fundamental issues that have the potential to drive us forward as a result of the session which will help us to frame our future strategies.Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust Chair
2 Peer learning events focused on lessons learned on digital transformation across the NHS and other sectors
- Our digital transformation seminar series is open to all board leaders and have included Q&As with panels of experienced leaders from within and beyond the NHS.
- Our member spotlight events offer a deep dive into a trust’s digital transformation programme and have included reflections from trust leaders on the art of the possible and pitfalls to avoid.
One of the best sessions I've been in. Was very real and relevant with practical advice and examples.Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust Chief Strategy Officer
3 Board resources that playback key headlines and good practice on the board's digital leadership role
- Our digital leadership guides cover hot topics for trusts at different stages in their digital journey.
- Our board level briefings share tips and actionable insights for board leaders.
- Our knowledge hub signposts to other bite-sized board resources from leaders in the NHS and other sectors.