A selection from the vast literature and guidance on improvement, leadership and culture, to aid learning, reflection, collaborative conversations and strategic development.
- Establishing effective leadership for improvement
- Creating governance arrangements and processes to identify quality issues that require investigation and improvement
- Adopting a consistent, aligned and systematic approach to improving quality
- Building improvement skills and knowledge at every level, from the top tiers of organisations, through to front-line staff
- Creating a workplace culture conducive to improvement
- Giving everyone a voice and bringing staff, patients and service users together to improve and redesign the way that care is provided
- Flattening hierarchies and ensuring that all staff have the time, space, permission, encouragement and skills to collaborate on planning and delivering improvement