Core skills module
This one day course is designed for all types of governors in the first year of their first term of office, and for those governors who would like a refresher. The core training builds on a trust’s induction programme to help governors learn in more detail and discuss issues from a position of insight and initial experience in the role.
What will governors learn?
Governors will gain:
- an understanding of the structure of the NHS and the governor's role within this context
- knowledge of the statutory role and associated duties
- an understanding of public accountability and local ownership
- an understanding of NHS finance
- the skills to hold the board to account.
Course venue and timing
Courses will generally run from 9.30am to 4.30pm and will either take place at venues in city centres with easy access from a main train station, or virtually via Zoom.
What does it cost?
The core skills module costs £199 + VAT per delegate.
How to book
Visit the GovernWell courses page to see our upcoming course dates and to book online.