Regional workshops and networks
Regional development workshops
In addition to our GovernWell training programme, we also run regional development workshops for governors across England offering NHS governors the opportunity to make contacts that will prove helpful in exercising their statutory duties to a high standard. Governors are not charged a delegate fee to attend these events. Topics covered in the workshops include the NHS in a local context, working in partnership with stakeholders, sharing good practice and exploring key governor duties.
Well worth attending. Good to meet other governors in an informal setting and to be able to discuss matters
Our most recent regional workshop took place on 27 February when we welcomed 40 governor colleagues across 12 different trusts from the West Midlands region. Our thanks to Sue Davis, the chair of Birmingham and Solihull NHS Foundation Trust for chairing the event. The day included NHS Providers’ Policy Advisor Adam Wright, giving an update on national policy, an update from NHS Providers Governor Support team and Governor Advisory Committee, NHS England and Improvement’s Ian Hall, the Senior Improvement Delivery Lead for the Midlands, who set out their vision for the region, and Healthwatch Worcester’s Vice Chairman Jo Ringshall, who gave an update on how they engage with the public. There was also a chance for delegates to network and share experiences in roundtable sessions. Feedback from the event was very positive and we would like to thank everyone who attended for making it such a great day.
Overall, a useful and stimulating day with great opportunity to hear from other governors and NHSP ‘guides’
Why attend a regional development workshop?
- Apply understanding of the organisations, systems and processes that define, sustain and regulate the NHS to your activities as a governor
- Share their experiences, challenges and successes with others, and enrich yourself both professionally and personally
- Hold non-executive directors to account for the performance of your board using knowledge/skills gained
- Use financial information to support effective challenge and informed judgements
- Re-invigorate thinking to identify, share and apply good practice
- Build competency and confidence throughout your council of governors
- Use the latest thinking to analyse your personal style and learn new techniques
- Broaden understanding, challenges assumptions and encourage new insights and innovative ways of working
If you are would like to find out about upcoming workshops in your area or are interested in hosting one please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Governor regional networks
In addition to running Regional workshops which provide governors with networking opportunities, NHS Providers also supports regional networks which are organised and run by governors themselves. Regional networks which we are currently aware of are of are:
- South West Governors Network
- Lead Governors Association
- Regional Network East Anglia (Lead Governors)
If you organise a regional network which does not appear on this list please contact email@example.com