Governor workshops and networks
Governor virtual workshops
In addition to our GovernWell training programme, we have also run regional development workshops for governors across England offering NHS governors the opportunity to make contacts that will prove helpful in exercising their statutory duties to a high standard. However, since COVID-19 has meant we are unable to bring people together in a face to face environment and have moved our workshops online. Governors are not charged a delegate fee to attend these events.
Topics covered in the workshops include the NHS in a local context, working in partnership with stakeholders, sharing good practice and exploring key governor duties. We have also opened up the virtual workshops to all governors across the country, rather than focussing on specific regions. At a time where restrictions mean the value of meeting governors from your neighbouring trusts may be reduced, we feel the open virtual workshops allow for sharing experiences and swapping ideas with a wider group of peers, taking advantage of the benefits the use of technology offers.
Please see below for more information and how to book our upcoming virtual workshops. We are initially able to offer you four guaranteed places at these events. Please note these places are the total across all four events, not per event and dates are offered on a first come first served basis. Please book by Friday 27 August for your guaranteed four places. We leave it to you to decide who will attend, and on what date, and you are welcome to use the four guaranteed places on separate dates or the same date, depending on governor availability.
For more information and the booking links, please click on the relevant links below.
I've attended a LOT of online training and meetings in the past year, and this was a highlight for me. It was so well put together and delivered, and completely overturned my expectations of NHS Providers, and I felt quite inspired by the end of it. Very well done.Public governor, Royal University Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust, attended January 2021
Why attend a governor workshop?
- Apply understanding of the organisations, systems and processes that define, sustain and regulate the NHS to your activities as a governor
- Share their experiences, challenges and successes with others, and enrich yourself both professionally and personally
- Hold non-executive directors to account for the performance of your board using knowledge/skills gained
- Use financial information to support effective challenge and informed judgements
- Re-invigorate thinking to identify, share and apply good practice
- Build competency and confidence throughout your council of governors
- Use the latest thinking to analyse your personal style and learn new techniques
- Broaden understanding, challenges assumptions and encourage new insights and innovative ways of working
If you would like to find out about upcoming workshops in your area or are interested in hosting one please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Governor regional networks
In addition to running Regional workshops which provide governors with networking opportunities, NHS Providers also supports regional networks which are organised and run by governors themselves. Regional networks which we are currently aware of are of are:
- South West Governors Network
- National Lead Governors Association
- Regional Network East Anglia (Lead Governors)
If you organise a regional network which does not appear on this list please contact email@example.com