GovernWell: Recruitment - The governor role in non-executive appointments, June
Date: 09 June 2021
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This course is now fully booked. Please keep an eye out for the next available date.
This course enables governors to understand the process and procedures for the appointment of non-executive directors and the chair. It also provides an opportunity to practice formulating interview questions and to participate in a mock interview.
Who is this workshop for?
- All types of governors but is most beneficial for those governors involved in the remuneration committee or those who will be involved in the interview panel for upcoming appointments.
I am really pleased that I attended this session. I found it very practical and informative, and as a result I feel much more confident in my ability to make a worthwhile contribution to our forthcoming Chair and NED interviews.
Governors will gain:
- an understanding of the key principles of recruitment to public appointments
- an awareness of current legislation affecting recruitment to non-executive positions
- an opportunity to participate in interactive exercises to develop an understanding of the recruitment process including:
- planning the recruitment campaign
- using the role description and person specification
- carrying out a shortlisting exercise
- preparing interview questions
- participating in a panel interview exercise
- making assessments of candidates
- completing the recruitment process.
- the opportunity to meet and network with their fellow governors.
On the day
This event will be held online via Zoom. Please see below for an outline of the day:
Section 1: 09:30 - 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 - 14:00
Section 2: 14:00 - 16:00
Please note that these timings are a guide and are subject to change.
How to book
The recruitment module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
We also run this course as bespoke in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. An in-house version of this module enables trusts to benefit from training the actual panel involved in an upcoming recruitment process. To find out more about in-house training please email Laura Ward.