GovernWell: Recruitment - The governor role in non-executive appointments, February
Date: 02 February 2021
This course enables governors to understand the process and procedures for the appointment of non-executive directors and the chair. It also provides an opportunity to practice formulating interview questions and to participate in a mock interview.
Who is this workshop for?
- All types of governors but is most beneficial for those governors involved in the remuneration committee or those who will be involved in the interview panel for upcoming appointments.
Really valuable to learn from governors of other trusts, from trainers and to have a role play. Thank you.
Governors will gain:
- an understanding of the key principles of recruitment to public appointments
- an awareness of current legislation affecting recruitment to non-executive positions
- an opportunity to participate in interactive exercises to develop an understanding of the recruitment process including:
- planning the recruitment campaign
- using the role description and person specification
- carrying out a shortlisting exercise
- preparing interview questions
- participating in a panel interview exercise
- making assessments of candidates
- completing the recruitment process.
- the opportunity to meet and network with their fellow governors.
This was a very professionally presented day. The content was very interesting and will prepare me well for the future. The role play was very useful and overall this was an excellent day.
How to book
The recruitment module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
We also run this course as bespoke in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. An in-house version of this module enables trusts to benefit from training the actual panel involved in an upcoming recruitment process. To find out more about in-house training please email Laura Ward.