GovernWell: NHS finance and business skills, September
Date: 30 September 2020
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This course is fully booked, you can book to attend the next date for this module here.
This course provides governors with a detailed overview of a provider's finances and their business operations within the context of the governor role. This includes funding flows; analysing financial information; asking questions of the financial reports; and exploring external factors influencing a provider's operations such as making decisions on increasing non-NHS income and significant transactions.
Who should attend?
all types of governors.
Governors will gain:
- an understanding of the financial and operational context in which NHS providers are operating
- an overview of system working arrangements being developed across the NHS, which will have an impact on the way governors work with their trusts
- an understanding of financial flows in the NHS and the differences between the types of financial statements
- an improved appreciation of income and expenditure, cost improvement plans, and possible strategies to support organisation health
- an improved awareness of the key financial, workforce and quality challenges facing the sector
- the opportunity to discuss the governor role in major transactions and financial assurance to better understand the type of issues and questions governors should be asking
- the opportunity to meet and network with fellow governors.
I am leaving with tools and understanding of my role, questioning, how to interpret financial reports, and information being given to me.
How to book
The NHS finance and business skills module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
This course can be delivered exclusively for your governors with in-house training. This can be tailored to your requirements ensuring consistent learning across the council. To find out more please email Laura Ward.