GovernWell: NHS Finance and business skills, November
Date: 09 November 2021
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This course provides governors with a detailed overview of a provider's finances and their business operations within the context of the governor role. This includes funding flows; analysing financial information; asking questions of the financial reports; and exploring external factors influencing a provider's operations such as making decisions on increasing non-NHS income and significant transactions.
Who is this workshop for?
- All types of governors
The standard of tuition and delivery is excellent. It certainly has given me huge confidence as a relatively new governor to fulfil my role effectively.Service user governor, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Governors will gain:
- an understanding of the financial and operational context in which NHS providers are operating
- an overview of system working arrangements being developed across the NHS, which will have an impact on the way governors work with their trusts
- an understanding of financial flows in the NHS and the differences between the types of financial statements
- an improved appreciation of income and expenditure, cost improvement plans, and possible strategies to support organisation health
- an improved awareness of the key financial, workforce and quality challenges facing the sector
- the opportunity to discuss the governor role in major transactions and financial assurance to better understand the type of issues and questions governors should be asking
- the opportunity to meet and network with their fellow governors.
On the day
This event will be held on Zoom. Please see below for an outline of the day:
Section 1: 09:30 - 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 - 14:00
Section 2: 14:00 - 16:00
Please note that these timings are a guide and are subject to change.
How to book
The NHS finance and business skills module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
This course can be delivered as in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. To find out more about in-house training please email Laura Ward.