GovernWell: Member and public engagement module, Virtual
Date: 23 September 2020
Venue: Virtual event
Governors have an important role in making an NHS foundation trust publicly accountable for the services it provides, and it is the duty of the council of governors to represent the interests of NHS foundation trust members and the public.
This course explores what it means to represent the interests of members and the public. This includes how governors can support engagement activities within their trust and effectively build relationships in order to present the views of members and the public to the board.
Who should attend?
- all types of governors.
Governors will gain:
- clarity on the governor and board duties in this area as laid out in the Health & Social Care Act 2012
- an understanding of the reasons behind why trusts have members and need to engage
- the opportunity to explore the challenges to member/patient engagement
- a knowledge on the importance of good relationships in fostering effective engagement
- a chance to explore examples of good practice and reflect on how governors can support engagement activities within the trust
- the opportunity to meet and network with fellow governors.
How to book
The Member and public engagement module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
This course can be delivered exclusively for your governors with in-house training. This can be tailored to your requirements ensuring consistent learning across the council. To find out more please email Laura Ward.