GovernWell: Member and public engagement, February
Date: 09 February 2022
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This course is now fully booked. Please keep an eye out for the next available date.
Governors have an important role in making an NHS foundation trust publicly accountable for the services it provides, and it is the duty of the council of governors to represent the interests of NHS foundation trust members and the public.
This course explores what it means to represent the interests of members and the public. This includes how governors can support engagement activities within their trust and effectively build relationships in order to present the views of members and the public to the board.
Who should attend?
- all types of governors.
Great event, gave a lot of food for thought and the platform was great for various different governors to share best practice examples.
Governors will gain:
- clarity on the governor and board duties in this area as laid out in the Health & Social Care Act 2012
- an understanding of the reasons behind why trusts have members and need to engage
- the opportunity to explore the challenges to member/patient engagement
- a knowledge on the importance of good relationships in fostering effective engagement
- a chance to explore examples of good practice and reflect on how governors can support engagement activities within the trust
- the opportunity to meet and network with fellow governors.
An enjoyable and inspirational event.Public governor, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
On the day
This event will be held on Zoom. Please see below for an outline of the day:
Section 1: 09:30 - 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 - 14:00
Section 2: 14:00 - 16:00
Please note that these timings are a guide and are subject to change.
How to book
The Member and public engagement module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
This course can be delivered as in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. To find out more about in-house training please email Laura Ward.