GovernWell: Effective questioning and challenge, November
Date: 18 November 2020
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This course will help governors to work confidently and effectively with their directors in posing effective questions to hold the board to account. Listening skills and questioning styles are explored along with how to frame effective questions and challenge within the context of the governor role.
Who should attend?
- all types of governors.
Governors will gain:
- an overview of the governance of foundation trusts and the statutory duties of governors
- an understanding of the importance of questioning, listening and challenging as a governor
- an opportunity to self-reflect on their own experience and style of listening and questioning and consider changes they may like to make to their approach
- gain confidence in their role to ensure they are holding to account effectively
- the opportunity to meet and network with fellow governors.
On the day
This event will be held online via Zoom. Please see below for an outline of the day:
Section 1: 09:30 - 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 - 14:00
Section 2: 14:00 - 16:00
Please note that these timings are a guide and are subject to change.
How to book
The Effective questioning and challenge module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
This course can be delivered exclusively for your governors with in-house training. This can be tailored to your requirements ensuring consistent learning across the council. To find out more please email Laura Ward.