GovernWell: Effective questioning and challenge, July
Date: 13 July 2021
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This course is now fully booked. Please see here for the next available date.
This course will help governors work confidently and effectively with their directors in posing effective questions to hold the board to account. Listening skills and questioning styles are explored along with how to frame effective questions and challenge within the context of the governor role.
Who is this workshop for?
- For all types of governors.
Thank you! Excellent delivery of the programme. You encouraged a co-operative atmosphere & made sure that all felt valued & gained from the session.
Governors will gain:
- an overview of the governance of foundation trusts and the statutory duties of governors
- an understanding of the importance of questioning, listening and challenging as a governor
- an opportunity to self-reflect on their own experience and style of listening and questioning and consider changes they may like to make to their approach
- gain confidence in their role to ensure they are holding to account effectively
- the opportunity to meet and network with their fellow governors.
On the day
This event will be held online via Zoom. Please see below for an outline of the day:
Section 1: 09:30 - 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 - 14:00
Section 2: 14:00 - 16:00
Please note that these timings are a guide and are subject to change.
How to book
The Effective questioning and challenge module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
We also run this course as bespoke in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. In-house training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and maintains consistent learning across the whole council. To find out more about bespoke training please email Laura Ward.