GovernWell: Effective chairing for governors, June
Date: 24 June 2021
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This course is now fully booked. Please see here for the next available date.
Foundation trust governors attend and often chair a variety of meetings or groups which, when chaired and conducted well, help trusts to achieve their objectives in a timelier manner.
This course explores good practice in the chairing of meetings to help governors plan, structure and manage meetings effectively.
Who is this workshop for?
- All types of governors, but particularly those that currently chair or may chair meetings in the future.
Governors will gain:
- an opportunity to explore good practice in the chairing of meetings and the common problems areas
- an understanding of the key elements of effective chairing of meetings including:
- being clear about the purpose of the forum
- getting the right membership
- agenda setting
- effective papers
- creating a safe, inclusive environment to allow appropriate debate and decision making.
- an chance to participate in interactive exercises to develop skills in summarising discussions and dealing with difficult behaviour in meetings
- the opportunity to meet and network with their fellow governors.
Interactive exercises and role play was beneficial as it allowed me to see ways that I can chair and value colleagues.
On the day
This event will be held online via Zoom. Please see below for an outline of the day:
Section 1: 09:30 - 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 - 14:00
Section 2: 14:00 - 16:00
Please note that these timings are a guide and are subject to change.
How to book
The Effective chairing for governors module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
We also run this course as bespoke in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. In-house training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and maintains consistent learning across the whole council. To find out more about bespoke training please email Laura Ward.