GovernWell: Effective chairing for governors, December
Date: 01 December 2021
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
Foundation trust governors attend and often chair a variety of meetings or groups which, when chaired and conducted well, help trusts to achieve their objectives in a timelier manner.
This course explores good practice in the chairing of meetings to help governors plan, structure and manage meetings effectively.
Who is this workshop for?
- All types of governors, but particularly those that currently chair or may chair meetings in the future.
This was very well organised and presented... Of note that is both pre-meeting; and then during the meeting. It was very interesting and helpful that the attendees all interacted so well, Zoom really did assist this.Deputy Lead Governor, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Governors will gain:
- an opportunity to explore good practice in the chairing of meetings and the common problems areas
- an understanding of the key elements of effective chairing of meetings including:
- being clear about the purpose of the forum
- getting the right membership
- agenda setting
- effective papers
- creating a safe, inclusive environment to allow appropriate debate and decision making.
- an chance to participate in interactive exercises to develop skills in summarising discussions and dealing with difficult behaviour in meetings
- the opportunity to meet and network with their fellow governors.
I thought the whole day was incredibly helpful to me as a relatively new governor especially the role play and feedback which was very useful. Thank you.Public governor, Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
On the day
This event will be held on Zoom. Please see below for an outline of the day:
Section 1: 09:30 - 12:30
Lunch: 12:30 - 14:00
Section 2: 14:00 - 16:00
Please note that these timings are a guide and are subject to change.
How to book
The Effective chairing for governors module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
This course can be delivered as in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. To find out more about in-house training please email Laura Ward.