GovernWell: Core skills module, London, December
Date: 01 December 2020
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the structure of the NHS; the statutory role and responsibilities of governors; an overview of NHS finance; the importance of quality in healthcare and key skills to hold the board to account effectively.
This training builds on a trust’s induction programme to help governors learn and discuss issues from a position of insight from having initial experience in their role.
Who should attend?
- all types of governors in the first year of their first term of office
- those governors who would like a refresher.
Governors will gain:
- a overview of the structure of the NHS and the governor's role within this context
- an increased knowledge of their statutory role and associated duties
- an understanding of the meaning of public accountability
- an overview of NHS finance and quality focusing on key topics and issues affecting the governor role
- the key skills required to hold the board to account effectively
- the opportunity to meet and network with fellow governors.
How to book
The Core skills module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
This course can be delivered exclusively for your governors with in-house training. This can be tailored to your requirements ensuring consistent learning across the council. To find out more please email Laura Ward.