GovernWell: Core skills, February
Date: 03 February 2021
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the structure of the NHS; the statutory role and responsibilities of governors; an overview of NHS finance; the importance of quality in healthcare and key skills to hold the board to account effectively.
This training builds on a trust’s induction programme to help governors learn and discuss issues from a position of insight from having initial experience in their role.
Who is this workshop for?
- All types of governors in the first year of their first term of office,
- Those governors who would like a refresher.
As a fairly new staff governor, this course was really useful for me. Particularly the different questions I can ask NEDs and the way to ask them.
Governors will gain:
- a overview of the structure of the NHS and the governor's role within this context
- an increased knowledge of their statutory role and associated duties
- an understanding of the meaning of public accountability
- an overview of NHS finance and quality focusing on key topics and issues affecting the governor role
- the key skills required to hold the board to account effectively
- the opportunity to meet and network with their fellow governors.
Excellent – very well presented and clear about the key things a governor needs and some helpful tips in how to carry out our statutory duties.
How to book
The Core skills module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
We also run this course as bespoke in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. In-house training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and maintains consistent learning across the whole council. To find out more about bespoke training please email Laura Ward.