GovernWell: Accountability and holding to account module, London
Date: 16 March 2021
This course explores how governors can build a dynamic and effective accountability relationship with their board of directors and how they can effectively hold their non-executive directors to account for board performance.
Who is this workshop for?
- All types of governors
Governors will gain:
- an understanding of the context for councils of governors to carry out their statutory duty of holding the non-executive directors to account for the performance of the board
- the opportunity to explore what accountability and holding to account means in practice
- an appreciation of the need for good ground rules in promoting good relationships
- knowledge of a risk based approach to assessing information needs and the ability to use this approach to assess whether governors have enough information
- the confidence to make appropriate challenges through participating in practical exercises
- the opportunity to meet and network with their fellow governors.
How to book
The accountability and holding to account module costs £199 (ex VAT) per delegate.
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you haven't already done so.
We also run this course as in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. In-house training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and maintains consistent learning across the whole council. To find out more about in-house training please email Laura Ward.