The NHS response to COVID-19 has accelerated digital transformation across the provider sector. The NHS Providers' Digital Boards programme, available free to all members, is designed to support boards to lock in the learning from this period of rapid digitisation and to build on this momentum over the longer term.
Supported by HEE and NHSX as part of their Digital Readiness Programme, the Digital Boards programme aims to increase trust board understanding of the changes being brought about by digital in health and care and increase the confidence and capability of boards to harness the opportunities digital provides to transform services for patients and service users.
The programme captures board level good practice and learning on digital transformation and plays this back to trust leaders in a range of engaging formats. Across the programme there are opportunities for board leaders to network with peers to further this learning.
Digital Boards will be delivered in partnership with Public Digital, a consultancy that has experience of working with over 30 governments, global businesses and multilateral organisations on digital transformation.
• Digital Leadership guides: covering hot topics for trusts at different points in their digital journey. The guides set the context and focus on the board's strategic leadership role, both within their own organisation and at STP/ICS level.
• Board level briefings: exploring the changing digital landscape and the potential benefits for patients, service users and staff. This includes our Digital Download briefings, designed to share key messages we've heard from NHS boards on topics identified as important to trust's digital transformation.
• Knowledge hub: bite-sized board resources including video clips, case studies, blogs and podcasts, sharing practical learning and take homes for boards on the digital transformation agenda.
• Digital transformation seminars: open to all board leaders, an opportunity to learn both from your peers and other sectors about how to build on the rapid digitisation driven by the covid pandemic.
• Member spotlight events: a deep dive into one trust's digital transformation programme. These spotlight events include reflections from trust leaders on the art of the possible, the pitfalls to avoid and the good practice to be shared.
• Digital Boards Leadership network: open to all board leaders, CIOs and CCIOs with an interest in or responsibility for the digital agenda. This network will hold events focused on key policy updates, circulate regular bulletins on key topic areas and act as a trusted space for leaders to hold strategic discussions on digital.
• Free bespoke board development sessions: these are tailored to reflect the development needs of your boards. Based on our conversations with you in advance of the session, we will design an agenda that enables the board to reflect on their current level of digital maturity and how digital could support the delivery of the trust's strategic priorities in the future.
Our events and board development sessions are being delivered virtually and will move to face-to-face delivery when appropriate.
Contact the Digital Boards team to find out more about how these offers can support you and your board.