The NHS response to COVID-19 has accelerated digital transformation across the provider sector. NHS Providers has launched a new development programme to support boards to lock in the learning from this period of rapid digitisation and to build on this momentum over the longer term.
Supported by HEE and NHSX as part of their Digital Readiness Programme, the Digital Boards programme aims to increase trust board understanding of the changes being brought about by digital in health and care and increase the confidence and capability of boards to harness the opportunities digital provides to transform services for patients and service users.
The programme will capture board level good practice and learning on digital transformation and play this back to trust leaders in a range of engaging formats. There will be opportunities for board leaders to network with peers to further this learning, alongside signposting to other resources available beyond the programme.
Digital Boards will be delivered in partnership with Public Digital, a consultancy that has experience of working with over 30 governments, global businesses and multilateral organisations on digital transformation.
• How to guides: publications on the board’s digital leadership role, themed around hot topics for trusts at different points in their digital journey.
• Board level briefings: exploring the changing digital landscape and the potential benefits for patients, service users and staff.
• Knowledge hub: bite-sized board resources including video clips, case studies, blogs and podcasts, sharing practical learning and take homes for boards on the digital transformation agenda.
• Digital transformation seminars: open to all board leaders, an opportunity to learn both from your peers and other sectors about how to build on the rapid digitisation driven by the covid pandemic.
• Go see visits: to learn about the art of the possible from other trusts, the pitfalls to avoid and the good practice to be shared.
• Free bespoke board development sessions: tailored to reflect your organisation’s digital maturity and the development needs of your board.
Contact Louise Stopford for more information about the Digital Board programme.