What is board development?
Specifically designed to share good practice, increase your knowledge and improve the effectiveness of your board and organisation, our training is delivered in regional locations by expert facilitators. 97% of delegates would recommend our programme.
Board development training modules
We deliver over 80 training workshops each year covering a wide range of topics relevant to your board and your organisation.
Our core modules are:
- Effective report writing
- Effective recording of board and committee meetings
- Effective chairing of meetings
- Effective challange
- Risk management
- NHS finance for senior leaders
Why attend board development training?
- practical workshops drawing on the experience and good practice from trusts as well as the latest thinking from regulators
- high quality trainers who have relevant experience in the sector
- small, interactive workshops giving you more focused attention with facilitators
- accessible regional locations
- a space for you to reflect and share experiences with colleagues from other organisations
- interactive workshops incorporating a range of training methods to accommodate individual learning styles including presentations with Q&A and discussions; case studies; forum theatre and practical exercises to demonstrate key messages have been understood
- our training consistently receives over 96% satisfaction rate.
"NHS Providers events are always excellent and informative. Very useful event. Thank you."
"I learned a great deal about being a board member. Great programme of workshops."
Induction programmes for NEDs and EDs
We also deliver induction programmes, run in partnership with NHS Improvement, for executive directors (ED) and non-executive directors (NED).
The non-executive director induction is a two day programme which aims to prepare new NEDs for their role in NHS trust and foundation trusts. The programme is delivered five times a year in central London.
The executive director induction is a one day programme which aims to prepare new or aspiring executive directors for their board role. This programme is delivered four times a year in central London