Board development programme: Non-executive director induction, 23-24 September 2021
Date: 23 September 2021
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This event is now fully booked. Please contact us to be added to a waitlist or for future events.
NHS Providers in partnership with NHS Improvement delivers an essential induction programme specifically designed for new non-executive directors (NEDs) of NHS trusts and foundation trusts.
This two day programme aims to prepare new NEDs for their roles in the sector. It has been developed to provide a deeper understanding of their board role as part of a unitary board along with an essential overview of the current NHS environment in which the role is set.
Please note this is a two day event and delegates are expected to attend both days.
Who should attend?
- New non-executive directors.
I attended this programme myself as a new NED just over two years ago and cannot commend it highly enough. Has formed a key part for me in how I conduct the role and I urge any new NEDs to take part.Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
The programme includes:
- An overview of the developing environment of the NHS and what that means for the leadership of NHS trusts
- System working: a national context
- NHS governance and the responsibilities of NEDs
- The board’s role in managing risk
- A policy overview of the NHS Finance and workforce landscape
- An introduction to oversight and support from NHS Improvement & NHS England
- The role CQC in regulation
- NHS governors – their role and responsibilities
- Developing your impact a newly appointed non-executive director
- The opportunity for you to meet and network with peers from other organisations.
Virtual induction format:
This induction will be running virtually across two days. Delegates are expected to attend both days.
Please contact us for more information.
Essential prior for anyone coming into an NHS governance role. I have a good idea now about how to approach my role as a NED and what to prioritise.
How to book
Module cost per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £449, Non Member: £539
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the booking link at the top of this page and create an account if you have not already done so.