Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
Harnessing patient and clinically-led system-wide change
Walsall Together is an Integrated Care Partnership that aims to develop new integrated ways of working to:
- Improve the health and wellbeing outcomes of the Walsall population
- Increase the quality of care provided
- Provide long term financial sustainability for the system.
The Walsall Together Partnership has made significant progress in delivering service transformation across the target Clinical Operating Model:
- Integration of specialist nursing services for Respiratory and Cardiology
- Healthwatch has been commissioned to develop a Walsall Together User Group ensuring public and patients contribute to the identified priorities for service redesign
- Agreement on a combined infrastructure to support a Shared Care Record and Population Health Management has been reached
- Walsall Together Partnership and joint governance arrangements enabled a successfully Family Safeguarding Model bid to transform services (designed by citizens for citizens)
- As a starting point for the implementation of a Single Point of Access, a pilot has been developed for Winter 2019/20, with a specific remit of admissions avoidance
- Improvement Plans for the integrated care service and wider therapy services have been agreed and project groups have been established to assure implementation.