Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust
Risk Management - our journey to outstanding
In 2019 the trust was on their journey to achieving an outstanding rating. To enable them to deliver the ambition set out in the trust strategy and the NHS Plan they produced a risk management strategy to provide high quality services.
Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust recognised that successful risk management must be:
- Forward thinking
- The responsibility of all
- Comprehensive and coordinated
- Proactive, a continuous identification and management of risk is essential to the delivery of high value healthcare.
The trust’s strategy sets out clear goals, achievements and timescales for implementation. This enables staff to work towards the same aims, empowering innovation whilst ensuring patient quality and care are at the centre of delivery.
Building on an already well-developed risk management platform, the trust identified there was one underpinning area for action, to develop an ‘outstanding’ risk management approach with four key areas of focused activity:
- Internal governance - clear organisational structure with well-defined lines of responsibility
- Integrated governance - systems to manage and reduce risk across organisational and professional boundaries
- Enhanced measurement and monitoring – to continuously assess and improve reporting and committee oversight of KPIs, Quality Improvement and regular audit
- Develop training to increase the knowledge and skills in the workforce.
To find out more please contact the Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust's Communications team