Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Engaging and empowering staff Innovation in technology
The trust has been working on the following staff engagement activities to improve:
- Staff morale
- Staff recognition
- Increase in survey participation resulting with positive results.
Work has taken place to develop board, executive team and senior management visibility amongst staff to encourage a two-way communication approach and opportunities for staff to share innovative ideas directly to the executive team.
The role of the Staff Engagement Champion was created, where staff at all levels could become a Champion. Individuals with an interest and the willingness to develop engagement within their teams could volunteer to take this role on alongside their daily duties.
As an outcome of this, in March 2019 the trust achieved:
- Positive Engagement results from the 2018/19 NHS Staff Survey
- National average score of 7.1 out of 10 placing the Trust joint-second most improved staff engagement score in the country.
The trust’s web-based engagement tool, The Bridge has enhanced engagement and staff recognition by enabling:
- Communication, peer support, access to information and resources e.g. staff surveys and reports
- Sharing and displaying their individual and team achievements, initiatives, campaigns and ideas
- New staff network groups e.g. EDI, LGBT+, Carers, Menopause Café, Leadership
- Appreciation message boards, which have resulted in an increase of survey participation.
To find out more please send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org