- 54 providers responded to the survey, representing a quarter of our membership.
- On average respondents felt 13% of their membership was actively engaged, though this ranged between 0% and 80%.
- Respondents listed 'engagement events' and 'newsletters/magazines' as the two approaches to member and public engagement that achieved the most valuable outcomes.
- Two thirds of respondents indicated their member and public engagement activities were part of a coordinated communications strategy.
- Just over a third said they have a proactive programme of communications with members and the public which is 'implemented and effective'.
- On average, company secretaries in the survey spend almost half of their time on board matters and about a fifth on governor issues.
- The majority of company secretaries in our survey are significantly involved in governor issues, but less involved in membership and public engagement.
- Each respondent was asked for their three current 'hot topics'. There were grouped into themes with the most common being finance (35%).
For full details you can download the report using the button below.