Introduction to foundation trusts and trusts
To transform care for 21st century needs, the NHS needs to develop new ways of working across health and social care, with providers and commissioners coming together to share risks and expertise.
- What are the NHS foundation trusts and trusts delivering secondary and specialised care in England?
- How are these organisations responding to people’s changing needs?
- How can you get to know your local NHS?
- What are the local and national organisations that make up the NHS?
- What are the key local issues likely to be and how do these translate into national policy making?
- What are the national and local priorities for NHS foundation trusts and trusts?
It is vital for local politicians to work closely with the NHS providers serving their community. NHS providers need the help of their councillors and MPs to develop plans for future provision, to communicate the need for change, and to present their challenges and priorities nationally.Download