Aspiring Chief Executive programme
The role of the chief executive in healthcare has never been more important. How we appoint to such posts – and help our chief executives to be successful ‘in role’ – is one of the NHS’s most important leadership issues.
The Aspiring Chief Executive programme is a collaboration between NHS Providers, the NHS Leadership Academy and NHS Improvement. Together, we have designed and delivered a programme to prepare those with the potential to become chief executives in the next 12-24 months.
The programme will enable you to:
- Engage effectively with patients, service users, carers and families of all backgrounds, enabling person-centred care in the local environment.
- Understand the demands of a Chief Executive role, including leading the development of strategy, managing an effective executive team and the organisational culture
- Develop a critical awareness of your personal leadership style, your bias, blind spots and attitudes to diversity.
- Lead with confidence in a transforming health and social care landscape and take courageous decisions.
- Gain a solid understanding of the regulatory and fiscal environment, statutory and regulatory duties, risk and audit, and corporate governance.
- Create the right conditions for frontline staff, irrespective of their background.
Further information will be available soon. In the meantime, do register your interest here.