A committed, knowledgeable and effective council of governors is one of the cornerstones of a foundation trust's success. It has a key role to play in the future of the NHS in providing support and challenge to the board helping shape the organisation’s future strategy.
Our Governor support programme helps to achieve excellent governance for all of our trust members and ultimately contribute to improving the overall quality of healthcare in the NHS. The programme is for individuals who are thinking about becoming a governor, new governors as well as those who have been in role for some time.
Our GovernWell programme will help you to understand:
- how foundation trusts are governed
- what councils of governors do
- how councils of governors carry out their duties
- how people interested in making a difference to health services can get involved
- how to hold non-executive directors to account and what significant transactions are
Watch the video to hear from the Chair of NHS Providers, Dame Gill Morgan, on the importance of governors:
We’d love you to tell us how you have used the website to support your learning and development, please send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.