GovernWell: NHS finance and business skills, July 2023
Date: 04 July 2023
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This course provides governors with a overview of a provider's finances and their business operations within the context of the governor role.
This includes an overview of the national context; NHS funding flows; analysing financial information; asking questions of the financial reports.
Who is this workshop for?
- All types of governors
When I initially signed up for this course I thought it would be interesting but overwhelming. It has surpassed all of my expectations and the content was absolutely fantastic. The knowledge of the presenters was a real highlight and I really would recommend that all governors should attend the course as a compulsory module!Public governor, Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Governors will gain:
- An understanding of the financial and operational context in which NHS providers are operating
- An understanding of financial flows in the NHS and the differences between the types of financial statements
- An improved appreciation of income and expenditure, cost improvement plans, and possible strategies to support organisation health
- The opportunity to discuss the governor role in major transactions and financial assurance to better understand the type of issues and questions governors should be asking
- The opportunity to meet and network with governors from other foundation trusts.
The standard of tuition and delivery is excellent. It certainly has given me huge confidence as a relatively new governor to fulfil my role effectively.Service user governor, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
On the day
This course is a full day event running in two sections across one day. The course will be delivered on Zoom. Estimated timings are:
Section one: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Section two: 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Please note this is subject to change.
How to book
Module cost per delegate (ex VAT): £220
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the ‘Book now’ link at the top of this page to book your place. You will need to create an account if you have not already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
This course can be delivered exclusively for your council of governors with in-house training can be tailored to your requirements. Enquire now