GovernWell: Effective questioning and challenge, June 2023
Date: 20 June 2023
Venue: Virtual event via Zoom
This course will help governors work confidently and effectively with their directors in posing effective questions to hold the board to account.
Listening skills and questioning styles are explored along with how to frame effective questions and challenge within the context of the governor role.
Who is this workshop for?
- For all types of governors.
Excellent and well organised. It was at the right pace with a knowledgeable faculty. Well done.Staff governor, Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Governors will gain:
- An overview of the governance of foundation trusts and the statutory duties of governors
- An understanding of the importance of questioning, listening, and challenging as a governor
- An opportunity to self-reflect on their own experience and style of listening and questioning along with considering potential changes in their approach
- Confidence in their role to ensure they are holding to account effectively
I continue to be very impressed by the standards of the courses you provideService user governor, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
On the day
This course is a full day event running in two sections across one day. The course will be delivered on Zoom. Estimated timings are:
Section one: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Section two: 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Please note this is subject to change.
How to book
Module cost per delegate (ex VAT): £220
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Card payments are also accepted.
Follow the ‘Book now’ link at the top of this page to book your place. You will need to create an account if you have not already done so.
Bespoke in-house training
This course can be delivered exclusively for your council of governors with in-house training can be tailored to your requirements. Enquire now