New Care Models: what we can learn and the journey to accountable care (NHS trust booking)
Date 28 September 2017
Venue Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
The new care models programme has centred on developing new ways to improve care for patients and address the three major challenges highlighted in the NHS Five year forward view: the health and wellbeing gap, the care and quality gap, and the funding and efficiency gap. In 2015, 50 vanguards were selected across England. They have been leading the development of new care models that will act as blueprints and inspiration for the future of the health and care system.
NHS Providers, NHS Clinical Commissioners, the Local Government Association and NHS Confederation are delivering a joint programme to spread the learning from the new care models across the health and care sector. As part of this, we are delighted to be holding this upcoming event, which will offer insight into the outcomes and lessons from the vanguards, and explore how they can inform broader transformation work around the development of sustainability and transformation partnerships and accountable care systems.
Registration and refreshments will be available from 09.30 with the opening remarks at 10.00. The event will close at 16.00.
The programme includes:
- A showcase of projects, lessons and outcomes from a range of vanguards
- Insight into the next steps for new care models in the context of sustainability and transformation partnerships and accountable care systems
- Effective leadership to achieve transformation across complex, system-level health and care systems.
- Louise Watson, New care models programme director, NHS England
- Michael Macdonnell, National Director, Transforming Health Systems, NHS England
- Patricia Miller, CEO, and Julie Pearce, COO, Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust & Dorset Accountable Care System
This event will be held in Birmingham in September and repeated in London in November.
- To book for the September event please follow the 'click to book' button at the top of this page if you are registering on behalf of a NHS trust.
- If you would like to register for this event on behalf of a Clinical Commissioning Group please click here
- To register on behalf of an local authority please click here.
To book for the November event in London click here.