NED induction programme 21-22 March 2019
Date 21 March 2019
Venue Broadway House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NQ
This event is now fully booked. Please see our next Non executive director induction taking place on 13-14 June.
NHS Providers and NHS Improvement work in partnership to offer an induction programme for new non-executive directors (NED).
This two day programme runs five times a year and aims to prepare new NEDs for their roles in foundation trusts and trusts. Please find our upcoming dates here.
The first day of the programme will be co-located with NHS Clinical Commissioners lay member induction event. This will provide the opportunity for networking with lay member colleagues through shared sessions and refreshments breaks.
- the developing environment of the NHS and what that means for the leadership of NHS trusts and foundation trusts
- NHS finances and funding - an overview and context
- regulation - where CQC fits in
- governance and the law, including roles and responsibilities of NEDs
- NHS Improvement – an introduction to oversight and support
- in conversation with an experienced NED.
Recent delegate comments
"Recommend this to all new NEDs! I certainly will locally and when out and about. Good structured learning and good content. Left with a juant in my step and ready to go forward!"
"A great two days that certainly will improve my ability as a NED and has enhanced confidence and personal development."
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £445, Non Member: £475
We now accept card payments. Alternatively you will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.