NED induction programme - 12-13 September 2019
Date 12 September 2019
Venue Broadway House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NQ
NHS Providers and NHS Improvement work in partnership to offer an induction programme for new non-executive directors (NED). This two day programme aims to prepare new NEDs for their roles in NHS trusts and foundation trusts.
This two day programme runs five times a year - take a look at our upcoming dates.
Who should attend?
- new non-executive directors.
The programme includes:
- an overview of the developing environment of the NHS and what that means for the leadership of NHS trusts
- an overview of the NHS Finance policy landscape
- NHS governance including the role and responsibilities of NEDs
- an introduction to oversight and support from NHS Improvement & NHS England
- the role of the CQC in regulation
- the role of NHS governors and how ensure NEDs are being held to account
- developing your impact a newly appointed non-executive director
- the opportunity to network and develop links with colleagues from other organisations.
Recent delegate comments
"A great two days that certainly will improve my ability as a NED and has enhanced confidence and personal development."
"As a very new NED this was incredibly useful. Not just the content and knowledge but an approach on 'how' to be a NED! Thank you very much."
"An excellent two days - even though I have worked in the NHS for many years I learnt a lot, thank you."
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £449, Non Member: £485
We now accept card payments. Alternatively you will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.