GovernWell: Core skills module, London 2019
Date: 03 December 2019
Venue: 15Hatfields, South Bank, London SE1 8DJ
This one day course is designed for all types of governors in the first year of their first term of office, and for those governors who would like a refresher. The core training builds on a trust’s induction programme to help governors learn in more detail and discuss issues from a position of insight and initial experience in the role.
What will governors gain?
- an understanding of the structure of the NHS and the governor's role within this context
- knowledge of the statutory role and associated duties
- an understanding of public accountability and local ownership
- an understanding of NHS finance
- the skills to hold the board to account.
Recent delegate comments
"Excellent programme. I learned so much. all relevant to my new role as a staff governor"
"Very informative, with a relaxed atmosphere and professional attitude"
How to book
The core skills module costs £180 + VAT per delegate.
Bespoke in-house training
We also run this course as bespoke in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. In-house training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and maintains consistent learning across the whole council. To find out more about bespoke training please email Laura Ward.