GovernWell: Core skills module, London
Date: 07 February 2020
This one day course is designed for all types of governors in the first year of their first term of office, and for those governors who would like a refresher. The core training builds on a trust’s induction programme to help governors learn in more detail and discuss issues from a position of insight and initial experience in the role.
What will governors gain?
- an understanding of the structure of the NHS and the governor's role within this context
- knowledge of the statutory role and associated duties
- an understanding of public accountability and local ownership
- an understanding of NHS finance
- the skills to hold the board to account.
Recent delegate comments
"Excellent programme. I learned so much. all relevant to my new role as a staff governor"
"Very informative, with a relaxed atmosphere and professional attitude"
How to book
The core skills module costs £180 + VAT per delegate.
Bespoke in-house training
We also run this course as bespoke in-house training which can be tailored and delivered exclusively for your council. In-house training ensures everyone is up to best practice standard and maintains consistent learning across the whole council. To find out more about bespoke training please email Laura Ward.