Executive Director Induction
Date 13 June 2017
Venue Broadway House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NQ
The programme has been developed following requests from new board directors for a deeper understanding of their board role as part of a unitary board and of the wider context within which the role is set. It is a one day programme which runs three times a year and costs £275 per person (not including VAT). Please note the programme is for new executive directors therefore not suitable for experienced directors.
The programme includes:
- Understanding the developing NHS environment and what that means for the leadership of foundation trusts and trusts
- Governance, risk and assurance in the provider sector
- What your chief executive expects of you
- The CQC and regulation
- NHS Improvement – the way forward
- Your board role vs your ED role
- Working with commissioners
- Your responsibilities and accountabilities
"This was perfect for a new director - nothing was too basic. Everyone assumes an exec knows their role - often we do not know this detail and the secrets to success in the role. This day enabled me to know how to keep me and the board safe."