Executive Director Induction
Date 13 June 2017
Venue Broadway House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NQ
The programme has been developed following requests from new board directors for a deeper understanding of their board role as part of a unitary board and of the wider context within which the role is set. It is a one day programme which runs three times a year and costs £275 per person (not including VAT). Please note the programme is for new executive directors therefore not suitable for experienced directors.
The programme includes:
- Understanding the developing NHS environment and what that means for the leadership of foundation trusts and trusts
- Governance, risk and assurance in the provider sector
- What your chief executive expects of you
- The CQC and regulation
- NHS Improvement – the way forward
- Your board role vs your ED role
- Working with commissioners
- Your responsibilities and accountabilities
"This was perfect for a new director - nothing was too basic. Everyone assumes an exec knows their role - often we do not know this detail and the secrets to success in the role. This day enabled me to know how to keep me and the board safe."
On the final booking page you will be asked to enter:
Purchase order number: your PO number for the booking
Account Number: 'NA'
Reference: 'ED Induction'
Notes: name of the delegate you're booking onto the course