Board development programme: Risk Management, London
Date: 24 March 2020
Your board has overall responsibility and accountability for risk.
Used effectively, risk management is a useful management tool to help ensure your board and its committees focus on the right things, while also providing comprehensive assurance that risks are being managed to the best of the organisation's ability.
This training provides a practical view of what board members and board stakeholders need to know about risk management to help demystify risk, ensure that risks are captured and articulated appropriately, and demonstrate that risk reporting should focus on the management of risk as opposed to the risk itself.
Who should attend?
- board members (executive and non-executive) as recipients of risk reports
- executive risk leads
- those tasked with leading on preparing Board Assurance Frameworks
- those writing risk reports for boards and committees.
- refresh your understanding of the key principles of risk management
- ensure the right focus is retained when appraising the effectiveness of your organisation’s management of risk
- enable you to form a view of how effective the risk management framework is in your own organisation.
This is not a deeply theoretical workshop on the technical aspects of risk management.
Recent delegate comments
"Helped challenge any preconceived ideas and to clarify areas to focus on. It was helpful to provide 'head space' to evaluate the Trust’s position."
"I was unsure of whether I was better staying in the Trust, but it was so worthwhile attending."
"Very helpful sessions and the group work provided a helpful opportunity to network with others. It was also good to hear good practice and ideas from other organisations."
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £245, Non Member: £280
We now accept card payments. Alternatively you will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.
Book now to confirm your place.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your organisation with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.