Board development programme: Risk Management, London
Date 28 March 2019
The board has overall responsibility and accountability for risk, and there is a growing expectation of directors to have appropriate levels of risk management knowledge and understanding.
Often risk management is seen as a technical subject adding layers of bureaucracy without adding value. This can lead to boards treating risk management as an administrative process and focusing on capturing and recording risk rather than managing risks.
This session provides a practical view of what board members (both executive and non-executive) and board stakeholders need to know about risk management to help demystify risk, ensure that risks are captured and articulated appropriately and that the reporting of risk focuses on the management of risk as opposed to the risk itself.
This course will help you ensure that not only the board and its committees focuses on the right things but provides comprehensive assurances that risks are being managed to the best of the organisation's ability and reduce the likelihood of risks materialising.
Who should attend?
- board members (Executive and Non-Executive)
- those tasked with leading on preparing Board Assurance Frameworks and Risk Reports for boards and committees.
What will I learn?
- refresh understanding of the principles of risk management
- ensure the right focus is retained when appraising the effectiveness of the organisation’s management of risk
- enable you to form a view of how effective the risk management framework is in your own organisation
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £230, Non Member: £260
We now accept card payments. Alternatively you will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your organisation with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.