Board development programme: Risk Management course
Date 11 December 2018
Venue Clayton Hotel Birmingham, 85 Albert Street Birmingham, B5 5JT
The board has overall responsibility and accountability for risk, and there is a growing expectation of directors to have appropriate levels of risk management knowledge and understanding. Used effectively, risk management is a useful management tool to help ensure that not only does the board and its committees focus on the right things but provide comprehensive assurances that risks are being managed to the best of the organisations ability thus reducing the likelihood of risks materialising.
This session provides a practical view of what board members (both executive and non-executive) and board stakeholders need to know about risk management to help demystify risk, ensure that risks are captured and articulated appropriately and that the reporting of risk focuses on the management of risk as opposed to the risk itself.
Who should attend?
- board members (Executive and Non-Executive)
- those tasked with leading on preparing Board Assurance Frameworks and Risk Reports for boards and committees.
What will I learn?
- Refresh understanding of the principles of risk management
- Ensure the right focus is retained when appraising the effectiveness of the organisation’s management of risk
- Enable you to form a view of how effective the risk management framework is in your own organisation
How to book
Costs per delegate:
Member - £230 (ex VAT)
Non Member - £260 (ex VAT)
Book your place. You will need to provide a purchase order number when booking to confirm your place.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your organisation with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs ensuring consistency throughout your organisation. To find out more contact us.