Board development programme: Effective report writing, London
Date: 25 February 2020
Venue: etc.venues Victoria, Drummond Gate, London SW1V 2QQ
Effective reports ensure that your board and committees enter into informed discussions on key issues with clarity on the root causes of problems, and a shared understanding of the pros and cons of the various options being put forward as potential solutions. This enables your board and committees to make the most effective use of time, which is essential given the unprecedented challenges facing providers today.
However to quote Blaise Pascal, the 17th century French mathematician and scientist, what we frequently see are long rambling papers because report writers lack the time to prepare succinct papers.
This practical workshop explores how you can improve the quality of your reports and the ultimate discussion and decision making that occurs.
Who should attend?
All those faced with preparing committee and board papers including:
- executive directors
- associate directors
- those tasked with writing board and committee reports.
- examine the key principles of report writing and effective communication
- explore the relationship of the report writer and members of committees
- review the key features of reports including cover sheets, executive summaries and data presentation
- gain an understanding of the impact that your reports can have on the efficiency of the board and committees
- participate in practical exercises to help improve the quality of your reports and the ultimate discussion and decision making that occurs.
Recent delegate comments
“Anyone who ever writes a report should attend! Very thought provoking with lots of useful points.”
“Excellent reflection and thought provoking, we all think we know how to write reports - this is a useful reminder of what should be included and the structure.”
"A very good and informative session that gave me an opportunity to refine and think about what makes a good report."
"Informative with 'real life' relevance which isn’t always forthcoming in courses."
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £245, Non Member: £280
We now accept card payments. Alternatively you will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.
Book now to confirm your place.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your organisation with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.