Board development programme: Effective recording of board and committee meetings, London
Date: 12 December 2019
Venue: etc. venues Victoria, 1 Drummond Gate, Pimlico, London SW1V 2QQ
The effective recording of meetings is essential - whether it be in the dissemination of information throughout your organisation, or the impressions and conclusions formed both internally or externally by the regulators and the general public.
Ineffective minute recording can have a detrimental impact by creating the wrong impression or failing to provide evidence of effective governance. Inadequate recording of discussions has also been identified as one of the issues that can often lead to frustration amongst those attending the meeting.
This workshop explores the key principles of effective minute taking along with an insight into what the regulators would like to see in your minutes.
Who should attend?
- those who record minutes for the board and committees in NHS trusts and foundation trusts
- this course is suitable for all levels of experience - whether you are new to minute taking or have been minuting for years and require a refresher.
- explore good practice in the effective recording of meetings
- gain an overview of what the regulators want to see which should help you to identify the key information to be included in your minutes
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your minute taking through some hands on practical exercises in minute taking.
Recent delegate comments
"Empowering! A minute taker has more input then many believe! Regardless of what band a delegate is, everyone will learn something new from this programme!" - Executive assistant, Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
“I thought I knew it all from on the job training but I have come away with fresh perspective and ideas. Will be recommending others to attend."
"I would recommend that everyone who takes minutes goes on the course, even those who have been doing it for some time. It allows time and space to examine what you do and how you do it and to look at things that can be done differently. There is something for everyone to learn and contribute."
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £199, Non Member: £235
We now accept card payments. Alternatively you will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.
Please book now to confirm your place.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your organisation with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.