Board development programme: Effective challenge, Manchester
Date: 04 February 2020
Effective challenge an essential element of a high performing organisation, both at the board and throughout your trust.
The absence of effective challenge has often been found to be a contributory factor in high profile NHS governance failures. Alongside this, the introduction of new and diverse system working whilst maintaining the current organisational accountabilities exposes organisations to increased risk. The ability to have courageous conversations outside of organisational boundaries will be essential.
This practical one day workshop explores the well proven benefits of accountability and holding to account; whether it be at board, committee, operational management, or throughout the wider organisation. The day also provides the opportunity to practice approaches to challenge to help develop your understanding of the importance of effective challenge to the performance and culture of your organisation and system.
Who should attend?
- board members (both executive and non-executive)
- senior executives.
- develop your understanding of the respective roles of the board, non-executives, executives and governors
- identify the key elements of, and barriers and enablers to, effective challenge throughout your organisation
- explore the benefit of effective challenge to your organisation and the impact it can have on organisational culture
- consider the appreciative inquiry and questioning approach and how this could help improve effective challenge as an individual or within your board/teams
- participate in interactive exercises to practice and compare your approaches to effective challenge with fellow delegates.
Recent delegate comments
"This event showed what effective challenge looks like and the difference between reassurance and assurance."
"Well managed, challenging and lots of thought provoking ideas - very practical session."
“An excellent day. All sessions were informative, extremely useful and allowed space for valuable discussion.”
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £245, Non Member: £280
We now accept card payments. Alternatively you will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.
Book now to confirm your place.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your board with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.