Board development programme: Effective challenge, London
Date 19 February 2019
Venue etc.venues Victoria, 1 Drummond Gate, Victoria, SW1V 2QQ
This one day workshop will provide the opportunity to not only learn from peers but to participate in practical and interactive exercises to develop a better understanding of effective challenge and how a lack of challenge can potentially lead to governance failures.
This event has received 100% satisfaction rate from previous attendees.
Who should attend?
- non-executive directors (NEDs) of NHS trusts and foundation trusts
- senior executives
What will I learn?
- the respective roles of the board, NEDs/lay members and governors
- the key elements of effective challenge
- the barriers and enablers to effective challenge
- an understanding of the benefit of effective challenge to the organisation
- an opportunity for participants to practice and compare their approaches to challenge
- the impact of effective challenge on culture.
Recent delegate comments
"Practical advice about how to seek and gain assurance. Useful reminder of the importance of allowing sufficient board time to discuss strategy." - Paul Kerr - NED, James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
"Well managed, challenging and lots of thought provoking ideas - very practical session."
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £230, Non Member: £260
We now accept card payments. Alternatively you will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.
Please Book Now to reserve your place.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your board with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs and ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.