Board development programme: Effective challenge, Birmingham
Date 06 June 2019
Effective challenge is essential in a high performing organisation both at the board and throughout the trust.
The absence of effective challenge has often been found to be a contributory factor in high profile NHS governance failures. Alongside this, the introduction of new and diverse system working whilst maintaining the current organisational accountabilities exposes organisations to increased risk. The ability to have courageous conversations outside of organisational boundaries will be essential.
This one day workshop will provide the opportunity to not only learn from peers but to participate in practical and interactive exercises to develop a better understanding of effective challenge and the importance of this to the performance and culture of your organisation and system.
Who should attend?
- board members (both executive and non-executive)
- senior executives
What will I learn?
- understand the respective roles of the board, non executives, executives and governors and how these are impacted by system working
- the key elements of effective challenge
- the barriers and enablers to effective challenge throughout your organisation
- an understanding of the benefit of effective challenge to the organisation
- an opportunity for participants to practice and compare their approaches to challenge
- the impact of effective challenge on culture.
Recent delegate comments
"Practical advice about how to seek and gain assurance. Useful reminder of the importance of allowing sufficient board time to discuss strategy" - Paul Kerr - NED, James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
"Well managed, challenging and lots of thought provoking ideas - very practical session."
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £230, Non Member: £260
You will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course. Please book now to confirm your place.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your board with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs and ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.