Board development programme: Effective chairing of meetings, York
Date 05 September 2019
The current challenges facing trusts today mean that time is an increasingly precious commodity and all meetings need to be optimised to meet objectives.
This practical workshop, designed to develop the chairing skills of board directors and senior executives who chair committees within NHS trusts and foundation trusts, covers preparing for meetings, ensuring agendas are appropriately prioritised, and an overview of what regulators are looking for in the minutes.
There will also be the opportunity to explore good practice in chairing meetings and to participate in interactive exercises to develop and practice your approach to chairing meetings.
Who should attend?
- non-executive directors including chairs
- senior executives.
- examine the essentials of chairing including preparing for meetings and ensuring your agendas are appropriately prioritised
- develop your understanding of the importance of building relationships to encourage effective meetings
- gain an overview of what the regulators want to see during observations and in the minutes
- explore good practice in the chairing of meetings
- participate in practical exercises to practice your approach to chairing meetings.
Recent delegate comments
"Well structured and really helpful event – highly recommend. The practical focus was welcome and helpful with excellent tips from the floor and peer sharing."
"Very good contribution delivered by people who have been there and demonstrate good practice." "I have gained a huge amount to take back to the organisation."
"Gained an understanding of what is expected and how to achieve it. Helped me to understand what could've been done better/different."
How to book
Programme costs per delegate (ex VAT) - Member: £245, Non Member: £280
We now accept card payments. Alternatively you will need to provide a purchase order number at booking to confirm your place on this course.
Book now to confirm your place.
This course can also be delivered exclusively for your board with in-house training. This can be tailored to your needs ensuring consistency throughout your organisation.