Our membership offer
NHS Providers is the only membership organisation solely dedicated to supporting NHS foundation trusts and trusts.
We occupy a distinctive place in the health sector
- We derive our strength from the scale, diversity, experience, expertise and effectiveness of our members, speaking with a united and uniquely informed voice on the issues that matter.
- Our focus is explicitly on NHS foundation trusts, trusts and the NHS provider sector, with a strong emphasis on the practicalities of supporting you to lead and improve the running of your trust. We represent the cross section of our members across the ambulance, acute, mental health, community and integrated trusts - representing both the provider sector as a whole but also the specific interests of each individual category of provider.
- Membership of NHS Providers is voluntary – we have to demonstrate our value to you to earn your continuing support.
What we do
NHS Providers is led by our members. We have an active board of 20 chairs and chief executives, elected by member trusts, representing over 90 per cent of all foundation trusts and trusts in England.
Our strategic objectives span the key focus areas of influence, voice and support, provided by a professional organisation. Through these we:
- shape and influence the financial, policy and regulatory frameworks which impact on members' day to day work and future development
- help providers to drive improvement through effective shared development, support and learning
- build effective relationships with key stakeholders in central government, in Parliament, with regulators and across the whole healthcare community
- champion member interests and raise their profile positively in the media
- respond to policy consultations and horizon scan the sector to help members to prepare for the future
- create networking opportunities across the country
- provide training and development opportunities for board members, executive colleagues and governors
- support aspirant trusts on their journey to becoming foundation trusts
- gather and disseminate best practice
- support all the sectors from which our members are drawn, including acute, ambulance, mental health, community and integrated trusts.
Benefits of membership
Benefits of membership include daily and weekly news bulletins, briefings and publications, media coverage, events and conferences, our 13 networks for board-level directors and a range of other support and development programmes including programmes for governors and aspirant trusts. Further details can be found in the following documents:
- NHS Providers membership
- Providing for our members 2016/17
- Briefings, bulletins, newsletters and thought pieces
- Networks, programmes and events
You can also view our latest performance report, a six-monthly report designed to highlight what we are doing and help members assess our performance against ambition.
Our fees are based on trust turnover, with fee bands as follows:
2016/17 membership fees
|Foundation trust||NHS trust|
To join and further information
All NHS foundation trusts and NHS trusts are eligible for membership.
For more information on becoming an NHS Providers member, or if you would like to discuss how to make the most out of your membership, please contact:
Sandra Marshall, senior strategic membership manager or Ben Clacy, director of operations and development.