Core skills module
This one day course is designed for all types of governors in the first year of their first term of office, and for those governors who would like a refresher. The core training builds on a trust’s induction programme to help governors learn in more detail and discuss issues from a position of insight and initial experience in the role.
WHAT WILL GOVERNORS LEARN?
Governors will gain:
- an understanding of the structure of the NHS and the governor's role within this context
- knowledge of the statutory role and associated duties
- an understanding of public accountability and local ownership
- an understanding of NHS finance
- the skills to hold the board to account.
Find out what our participants say about GovernWell courses.
WHEN CAN GOVERNORS ATTEND?
A full list of dates for the core skills module is available on the course dates page. Courses will generally run from 9.30am to 4.30pm and will take place at venues in city centres with easy access from a main train station.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The core skills module costs £180 + VAT per delegate (£153 per place with group booking discount).
HOW DO I BOOK?
Visit our course dates page to book online.