The Governor advisory committee
Governors are represented at NHS Providers through an elected Governor Advisory Committee (GAC) consisting of eight governors and two foundation trust chairs.
The committee meets quarterly and meetings are overseen by a chair that has been voted in by the committee. Terms of office are three years.
GAC members provide oversight and feedback on our work and areas that require debate and action. They will have the opportunity to help shape the governor services we provide to our members such as our GovernWell training programme, annual Governor Focus conference, bespoke training and guidance resources.
Current members of the Governor Advisory Committee are:
- Peter Abell, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – acute services constituency
- Robert Alabaster, North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust – ambulance services constituency
- Saad Alshukri , Liverpool Womens NHS Foundation Trust – public governor constituency
- Maurice Alston, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – any category constituency
- Della Cannings QPM, Tees, ESk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust – mental Health services constituency
- Ann Carlile, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust – patient/carer/service user constituency
- Pauline Garnett, Bradford Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – staff governor constituency
- Chris Roberts, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust – community services constituency
- Suzy Brain- England, chair, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – chair representative
- Vacancy – chair representative
- Ben Clacy, director of operations and development, NHS Providers (non voting member)
Find out more about the impact of our Governor Advisory Committee.
Governor advisory committee elections
Elections have taken place in 2018 for the new committee. Voting closed on Monday 30 April.
See the full results.